Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy 50th!

The iconic Barbie doll is turning 50 this year. Jonathan Adler designed a house for Barbie to commemorate this anniversary, but I'm not sure if this is a punishment or a reward. LAist offers the following shot of the bedroom.
















Okay, this isn't a bedroom - It's a harem. It's sultry, even by Barbie standards. (And she ran for president too! shouldn't she have better taste than this?)

I showed this image to the woman I'll be sharing an apartment with next year. Her reaction was "I WANT MY BEDROOM TO LOOK LIKE THAT!" Actually, if you know her, this room pretty much describes her personality spot-on.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I wouldn't want this to be my bedroom. But it's Barbie. Barbie is supposed to be flamboyant- have you SEEN some of her clothes? I mean, come on, Barbie does not do pink on a small scale. Well literally it's a small scale, but figuratively...oh screw it you know what I mean.

    There is no way I would be able to sleep in this room though.

    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete