Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Good ol' google reader

In attempts to stay on top of all the blogs I read instead of doing homework, I've turned to google reader. It's pretty nifty, but because I fear I might lose my starred items after a while, I'm going to try and stay on top of the posting game.

From Desire to inspire, my favorite source for concepts which are rich in artistic merit while also amazingly impractical and aesthetically challenged.



ow. I love art. This idea makes me hate art. Like, want-to-punch-a-picasso levels of hate. The tight, asymmetrical groupings of art that this time period will be known for are starting to grow on me. But the thing is those take into account the scale of the room. Please, give your art some breathing space.

Coco + Kelly ask if this is the future of the living room. No sofas, no lumbar support, just pillows.

If your house hosts nightly slumber parties, this might be a good idea. (if you do host nightly slumber parties, you have my sympathy) And this would make for some truly epic pillow forts, but as long as there are superbowl parties, this will not catch on. Even watching football on a daybed feels wrong.

Lastly, Casasugar points out a trend that was worrying me.



Just when you thought avocado green was dead *insert twilight zone theme* its baaaaaack..... Avocado green 2: this time its slightly more saturated. And you wonder why they never make horror movies about colors. Avocado green#2, yellow and that orange color that so many 1970s small cars were painted which bears unfortunate comparisons to dirty diapers.

This doesn't have to be the future. Pantone says the color of 2010 is an aqua blue. (And I'm predicting aubergine for 2011).

1 comment:

  1. hey mister my rooms colored avocado, you some explaining to do...

    ReplyDelete