Friday, June 4, 2010

The road ahead

At least this time, I have an excuse for not posting recently. This blogger is now in Minnesota for the summer, having driven 2000 miles in 48 hours to get here.
A couple of things to look forward to:
Laptop version 1.0 is on its way out. Once I get the new one, I'm uploading a backlog of photos. Cool stuff abounds.
In just over a month, this blog will be going international. I'm studying abroad for a semester. Where? It's a secret... I'll let y'all know when I get there.

Okay, let's get to some actual content.
I sometimes I look at houses for sale because like to pretend I actually have money. This leads to unpleasant surprises.

Now that is an imposing entrance. This house could work, I said, throwing my imaginary pile of hundred dollar bills in the air.

Ooh, it's well landscaped. Not strictly my style but it works well for the neighborhood.

The rest of the house is motivated seller beige, but hardwood floors throughout. I'm liking this more and more.



















I just choked on my imaginary beluga caviar.
What. The. Crap. Does the homeowner really like the renaissance fest?

I'm drowning in knockoff old world furniture. The last vanity had the ostentatious dial turned up to 11, this one might be a solid 6, but that still doesn't excuse touching the ostentatious dial. Only Gucci is allowed to touch that dial, and even they don't turn it up that far anymore.

I'm so glad I saved my imaginary 1.1 million.

1 comment:

  1. You did well to save your imaginary dollars, Nick. And how cool that you get to study oveseas. Interested to know your destination...you should drop some decor related hints...

    ReplyDelete