Friday, January 2, 2009

Bathrooms of 2008

In lieu of actually looking over all the bathrooms of the world and finding examples that properly reflect the times, I've decided that commentary on the tastes of others is much more satisfying. This is not to say that their personal opinions are wrong; they're just (in my opinion) bad. Consider me the devil's advocate for home design.
So, without further ado, I present a counter-analysis to some of Desire to Inspire's favorite bathrooms of 2008


If Satan's cathedral had a master bathroom, it would look like this. There really isn't too much wrong with the bathroom until you get to the paint. That color, that sheen, and the juxtaposition with the blue floor just goes to show you that it only takes one thing to ruin a room.







If you tried to play 'one of these things is not like the other', your head would implode. Now, I know that nobody in their right mind would attempt to assemble this bathroom for the real world. (Well, David Lynch might)
I like the red cabinet, I like the juxtaposition of the sink and mirror, and I'll tolerate the tiles in the bathroom. I just don't like the combination of those elements.









Tip: Using mirrors can help make a small bathroom look bigger. Painting the walls this color just makes it weird. It's like you polished the entire 1790s so hard the finish came off.














I cannot in good faith allow this wallpaper pattern to propagate. While the color is nice and works with the other tones in the room, it will age gracelessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment