Monday, January 12, 2009

Kickin' it old school

And now, a brief history lesson.
the inspiration for this blog is two-fold: First, I must give MASSIVE amounts of credit to James Lileks and his book Interior Desecrations. (Buy it!) Seeing just how ugly interior design was has made me aware that this must never happen again. My aim is purely humanitarian. But if I make a few bucks off this somehow, that's cool too.

This brings me to part two of inspiration: Pottery Barn Teen. I have a love-hate relationship with that branch of the company. Well, actually, I just think that some of the stuff they sell is really ugly.

Which brings me to the product which caused me to start thinking about all this:






















Technically yes, it is a couch. I know it looks like a bunch of cushions that were stolen from a hobo camp. We also have the rug to deal with. Yes, that is a rug, and not a bunch of used mop heads that the janitor at Pleasant View Elementary threw out. Please, shag rugs were only good until you spilled stuff on them, at which point they could never be fully clean again. And please don't tell me that you're buying them for the ironic value: Irony only works if the thing in question was originally good, but has since fallen out of favor. This is like being ironically racist.



And you can still buy the couch here. I'm pretty sure the charcoal gray is the color in question.

No comments:

Post a Comment