Thursday, June 9, 2011

Feeling moody

I'm all moved in to the new place, and I'm slowly getting my bearings on how I want to do things. This is MY SPACE gosh darn it, so I'm figuring out how to make it look good.

Which brings me to this: Now that I have photoshop, I can finally make mood boards like the fancy pros do. So without further ado: here's what I'd love for the living/sleeping part of my space to look like. Sort of. I'm not 100% sold on the rug. And I like the idea of the trunk, but maybe in a different color. And I need art. And lamps. Very much a baby mood board. I'll get good at these with practice.


The space itself is a bit of a challenge. The problems are that there isn't any overhead lighting in the apartment. It's bizarre. Getting adequate light means either daytime events, or loads of lamps. Or both. Also, getting a full or queen size bed into the mix is a challenge (because darn it, I'm out of college and I am NOT sleeping on a twin mattress ever again.) A sleeper sofa will probably enter the mix, or heaven forbid.. a futon.

No comments:

Post a Comment