Sunday, July 17, 2011

Getting a handle on things


I once wrote that I hated the handles in my kitchen and bathroom. Well, yesterday I decided to do something about it. Unusually close to where I live is an antique hardware store, full of goodies from all over the last century, plus some new stuff too. Ugly old handle in hand, I walked over there and walked back with three sample handles that I might use to replace the existing hardware. (Don't worry, I'm keeping the old ones around so come moving-out day I won't have a lot of explaining to do to the landlord)


Handle 1: Aluminium. Basic. Cheap, too.


Handle 2: A little more of a retro feel. Only downside is they might be one handle short of the number I need.


Handle 3: The largest of the bunch. Very modern, very substantial to hold. Also kind of expensive.

Here's all 3 in comparison.


I sort of already know my favorite of the three, but I'd really like to know what your thoughts are.

4 comments:

  1. I like the first and third choice best. I wonder what you'll choose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the 1st one. Classy & cheap to boot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bottom one, hands down. But you have probably bought the ones you wanted by now. Just had to comment...!
    Been going through the same thing in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete