Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hey, where did the desk go?

The part of my apartment that isn't the living room was home to my desk. But here's what it looks like now:

So where did the desk go? I've been toying with the layout of the apartment a bit, trying to find a way to fit in both a workspace and an eating space. After more measuring than anything else I've ever done in my life (and this includes a treehouse I helped build) I came up with this:

Instinctively it makes sense to have the workspace near the bookshelf that I keep some work-spacy things in. The entrance isn't nearly as grand as it was before, but all things considered it's not bad at all. Here's the current layout:

Look at all that space for a dining table and chairs. It's massive! I get a whole 31.2ish square feet!

Kudos to floorplanner.com, because I can make a single floor plan for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment